Depending on the needs of your group your day will be formed from a series of workshops. Workshops can include:
- House Tour- a visit to the state rooms learning about how they were used in the Tudor times.
- Tudor Food – Visit the Tudor Kitchen to find out how it was used and learn about life in Tudor England by pretending to be a guest at a Tudor Banquet.
- Meet King Henry – Find out all about Henry’s life and his 6 wives.
- Meet Queen Elizabeth - Discover the story of Queen Elizabeth’s life and reign through a teacher in role presentation.
- Meet Dr Mort-The Tudor Physician will teach you all about illness and medicine in the Tudor times.
- Tudor Dance and Games- Try out some Tudor games and learn a simple Pavane court dance.
- Make a Tudor Pocket- Tudor themed craft activity.
- Gardens Visit- Self guided visit to the gardens at Burghley House.
Contact us to ask about how the workshops fit together to form your day, some of the options below can pair nicely with Green Plants :-
- Tremendous Trees- Explore some of the fantastic trees in the Burghley landscape. Use identification keys and play games to learn to identify both local and exotic trees.
- Minibeasts- Explore the exciting world of the Mini-Beast. Children are introduced to the miniature life which lives all around them.
- Sculpture Workshop- In this Session pupils will use the beautiful, natural environment of Burghley Gardens as their inspiration to create a wire sculpture based the form of a dragonfly.
- Self Guided Gardens visit- Explore our 13 acre sculpture and water gardens at your leisure.